What to see and where to go in Capri
If you are looking to express your inner royalty while creating sublime memories on a luxurious island that has been cherished by the rich and famous for decades, then look no further than the island of Capri.
This gorgeous island feels like a luxurious paradise with its perfectly manicured gardens, elegant villas, and majestic cliffs that tower above the glistening Mediterranean Sea. When looking for what to do in Capri, you have a large variety of options.
Top 6 Things to Do in Capri, Italy
Below, we have put together a list of some of the most treasured experiences on the island.
- Gardens of Augustus and Via Krupp: When it comes to things to do in Capri, visiting the Gardens of Augusts is a must. Here, you’ll find lavishly flowered terraces that drape over the cliffside and overlook both the iconic bays of Marina Piccola and via Krupp. In fact, you’ll find some of the best views in all of Capri here. Imagine the iconic photos you’ll be able to take at such a breathtaking location.
- Chiesa Di San Michele Arcangelo / The Church of San Michele: This incredible church was built in the early 1700s and stands today as one of the most important examples of the 18th century Neapolitan school of architecture. While the entire church itself is stunning, most visitors come here to see the world-renowned floor.
The floor here is unlike anywhere else in the world, as it is made up of maiolica tiles that paint a gorgeous picture of the story of Adam and Eve and their exit from the Garden of Eden.
The floor here is so cherished in fact, that you will be asked not to walk on it. Look, but don’t touch!
- The Villa San Michele: A Devine and inspiring Greek-styled villa sitting on the Capri cliffside, this early 1900s villa served as the Swedish Physician Axel Munthe’s dream home.
Today, Axel’s home is considered one of the most beautiful homes in the world and is now the most visited sites in all of Capri. With sweeping views of the entire coastline and of the Island, a visit to the Villa San Michele is a must.
- Dine under Capri’s lemon trees at “Da Paolino“: For a traditional experience in Capri, look no further than Da Paolino. Imagine yourself enjoying the gentle breeze of the ocean, being surrounded by branches of bright lemon trees, all while enjoying the traditional sound of a local Italian band. Time spent at Da Paolino is an Istagram must!
- Lunch with a sea view at Ristorante “Al Riccio“: Overlooking the beautiful Blue Grotto, this cliffside restaurant offers a certain “La Dolce Vita” to all who dine here. Here, you’ll find panoramic views of Capri’s sublime coastline, delicious seafood, and an overall perfect dining experience.
TIP – A visit to the exquisite dessert room is a must! Your taste buds will thank us later.
- A true artisan experience at Antonio Viva: Looking for a locally handcrafted artisan treasure that you won’t find anywhere else? We recommend a trip to Antonio Viva. Here, you’ll find a large variety of handcrafted, Capri styled sandals that will be perfect for the many long walks you’ll have along Capri’s captivating coastline.
Where to Stay In Capri: 5 Best Places
- JK Place: For a classy, elegant, and fine experience.
- Capri Palace Hotel and Spa: For those seeking a calm and luxurious holiday.
- Caesar Augustus: For a calm and serene oasis away from the hustle and bustle.
- Hotel Villa Brunella: Bright, friendly, charming, and fun for the whole family.
- Villa Krupp: A traditional, gorgeous, and affordable place to stay in Capri.
Your Visit to the Isle of Capri Italy
The weather of Capri is typically balmy and enjoyable all year-round and the tourist season typically runs from Easter up until November.
When is the best time to visit Capri?
- To avoid the crowd and enjoy the tranquillity of the Island, between April to mid-June and between September to mid-October is the best time to visit the spectacular Blue Grotto and the natural wonders of Capri.
- If you like action, nightlife and glamour, July and August, during Summer, local people and international visitors meet up at Anima e Core for a fun and memorable night of Neapolitan music and singing, a must that cannot be missed.
Are you looking for a one-of-a-kind experience in Capri?
- If you are planning to celebrate a private party and wedding in Capri, The Italian Planners will work with you to make it memorable. We arrange their most special birthday party and destination wedding in Capri.
- For picture lovers, we organize an Instagram tour in Capri!
Dress like in a Dolce Vita star, and match a top crop with a pair of Capri pants, hand-made Capri style sandals and your favorite straw bag! We will take care of the rest, get it touch and enjoy the best time of your life.
- If in the mood for something special, like an outdoor escape on the Italian, a cooking class or a personalized local wine and food tour we arrange many activities in Capri and along the Amalfi coast!
Are you ready to be welcomed to an Italian paradise?
Of course, you are, schedule now your free consultation with one of our expert!